At Walk MS, you are joining a group of passionate individuals dedicated to creating a world free of multiple sclerosis. Welcome!
As a first-time participant, we want you to know that we have a wealth of resources to help your Walk MS experience memorable.
This was my first walk and to have my family and friends surround me, support me, and encourage me to finish was absolutely amazing. To see the love that each person who was there had for whoever they were there with, oh it was just beautiful. And even more importantly, after the walk was over and all these people that I never met extended themselves to me and me to them, BEST EXPERIENCE EVER!– Karen Andrews
1. Be in the Know
- Watch for informational emails from the Society for important Walk MS information and updates. Review and keep your Walk MS participant information for tips and information on fundraising and more. This site will be your go-to source for Walk MS information.
- If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us for more information.
2. Connect with other Walk MS participants
- At Walk MS, the phrase “the more, the merrier” truly comes to life. Recruit others to join you at Walk MS! Use your Fundraising Center to email invitations to anyone you’d like to join your team. You can also download photos and videos on our Fundraising with Social Media page.
- Connect with us and the Walk MS community on social media:
3. Start fundraising now
- Set your goal and lead by example: make a donation to yourself! Others will follow.
- Log into your Fundraising Center to update your Personal Page. Tell your story and why you are walking, and how every dollar makes a difference. You can also send emails to your network and update your goal as you reach it. Fun fact: People who fundraise online raise three times as much as those who don’t.
- Check out these Fundraising Tips & Tools for additional ideas and resources.
4. Make your Walk MS experience meaningful
- Wear your “I Walk for…” bib, available at the event.
- Find out why others walk to get inspired.
- If you are living with MS, participate in the “Living with MS” program.
- Learn how you can order custom team T-shirts.
5. Network and make new friends at Walk MS
- Take time to get to know other Walk MS participants and share your story. Whether it’s at the start line, along the route, in a team tent or at the finish line celebration—you never know who you might inspire!
- Connect with the Society to learn about services and programs to live your best life.
- Take a team photo.
- Enjoy the experience and engage with others who are making an impact today in creating a world free of MS!