Coach Seth Carstens and Coach Sean McElroy are looking to gauge the interest of in the:
OP (Overpowered) Ballers
This team would support or augment a “Falcon’s off-season volleyball team”.
Heard enough? Already excited?
In coordination with the CCF Foundation, “Seth’s Gym”, and potential partnership with Falcon’s head coach Sean Covely, we hope to keep players together and well practiced between seasons.
Here is what we have:
- We received approval to join the YMCA high school competitive league this summer (yes that includes graduating seniors before they head off to college!)
- We have verbal commitments from about 6 players which is the minimum to bring a team to the YMCA, we have room for no more then 12.
- We already host an all-ages volleyball skills practice on Wednesdays at Seth’s Gym, a private gym located just off Lone Mountain and Cave Creek Road. We ordered volleyball net parts to raise the net height and we have amazing agility drills equipment already.
Here is what we are working on:
- Schedule for practices – likely 2 practices a week and 1 game on Saturday evenings
- Possibility of running some practices at the high school gym
- Volunteer parents / coaches to help teach deeper technical technique
Need to share to the sign up forms? Use these QR codes? Click to view the QR Codes.